Get To Know Me



Well, considering that my Facebook page has 108 likes, I thought I'd share a little about me being that I'm starting to get famous and all (HA, totally joking).

I started this blog a few years back with no intentions of anything really. I've loved writing and for as long as I can remember, I've always had a journal as a means of expressing myself. It became a stress reliever throughout childhood and as I got older, it turned into prayer journals. I'm definitely not perfect. I'm actually quite ditsy so these are not going to be professional or grammatically correct blogs. BUT,

They are real. 
They're my personal struggles.
My leaps and bounds.
My encouragement. 
My growth.

As you read in my previous blogs, my life hasn't been full of rainbows and butterflies. I'm a child born into addictions, abusive homes, abandonment, neglect, foster care... you name it and I have probably been there. BUT it doesn't end there, and that's what I hope this blog will be used for. To show how beauty can come from ashes. That it's still possible to have JOY despite hard situations. To show that you can make it through with God. All glory goes to Him.

Enough of deep stuff, let's talk about some interesting and fun thing about myself! 

I'm funny. Maybe not to others, but let me tell ya... I crack myself up over small and stupid things!! Tell me a joke and if I think it's funny, I will be laughing for days over it. We recently just had a preacher come to our church for revival and I think I laughed way too hard at this joke he said. He was talking about how a man was reading his mail and was all up in his kool-aid (if you know what I mean). Not literally reading his mail, but ya know, He knew some things. Anyway, he said "Who invited this man to my barbecue because he is all up in my grill." Y'all, that's funny stuff. I probably laughed the loudest and still kept laughing as tears rolled down my face. Stuff like that gets me right in the core (HAHA).

Anyway, I am 22 *ALMOST* 23 years old. I don't know why it excites me when I turn a different age because I'm just getting older, but it just does. I graduated from Covington High School in 2014. I did cross country for a little while and I did swim team which I absolutely LOVED! I went to state both years that I did it as well. After I graduated, I attended SLU for a few semesters but never stayed with it. I never was interested in a job per say. If I could be or do anything in this world, I would want to be a mother. 

I can't really describe my family tree because it has limbs and branches coming out of places I didn't even think was possible. So I'll stick simple and maybe explain the rest in a blog further down the line. I have two older siblings and one younger one. Codie (26 in a few weeks), Lorena (24), Me (22), Kasey (20). Spoiler alert, there are five more which makes 9 of us, but I warned you about those branches. 


Kasey, Me, Lorena, Codie (sorry in advance Lorena. This was the only picture of us all together)

I currently work at Northlake Gastroenterology Associates. And I spend most of my time at work or in Loranger where I attend church at Pentecostals of Loranger Community. I actually live in Lee Road but you really won't find me there much. I make a joke with my people about how I rent a place just to store my stuff. And surprisingly, I'm way more introverted than I am extroverted so you'd think I'd be home more. However, if I'm comfortable in situations, I'm WILDY extroverted, haha. It's like a guess and see what's going to happen with me. You never really know what you're gonna get, honestly. 

I am an actual child at heart. (any of my close people can attest to that). 

I eat nothing. No, really I don't. I am the world's pickiest eater. And just like I tell everyone who 'complains' about that...I didn't choose these taste-buds, they chose me. My appetite is that of a 4 year old. I will chow down on anything Chef Boyardee. I probably hate all vegetables give or take one or two. Good thing is that I will be a cheap date. 

My love language is quite a toss up. With certain people, I love their hugs. I think the specialty of their hug never diminishes regardless of the amount given. But that is only with like two people. Seriously. But I enjoy quality time and words of affirmation from other people in my life. And throw physical touch in there somewhere. I'm like this little teddy bear with thorns beneath the cotton stuffing. HAHA. (Corrine, I think you'd appreciate that)

I HATE phone calls. I can probably count on one hand how many people I could actually call, aside from my sisters (not my brother because he hates them as well). I hate the pressure it brings to HAVE to respond. Now working at a job where I talk to people on the phone has definitely brought me out of my comfort zone, but I still have my zone. If I HAVE to call you, just know that it probably took a good 15 minutes to hit the call button. It's just who I am. 

Those are just a few things about me and my odd personality. Things that make me, me and unique. Throw some coffee, brownies and a baby in there and you win me over ;)

Comments

Popular Posts